The Edge Stream creates next-generation global organizations equipped to lead an existing or new industry.
The Edge Stream requires adopting a different mindset. While an established corporation requires control over execution and is predominantly focused on improving efficiency, creating an innovative organization requires search-based methodologies geared toward finding the right value proposition and business model capable of disrupting a specific industry.
- Establish a global presence in an existing industry where you once only had a local impact.
- Disrupt an existing industry, overtaking current competitors along the way.
- Reinvent an existing industry.
- Create a new industry.
- Push people to think outside the box. We recommend bringing in entrepreneurs from outside the industry.
- Embrace failure as an inevitable part of the process and keep experimenting and iterating ideas until you find the right fit for the market.
- An industry or set of industries on which the new ExOs will focus. It is also possible to execute the Edge Stream without any framework, allowing teams to come up with new ExOs for any industry.
- A team of people willing and eager to spend the next 10 weeks creating new initiatives designed to build the future of an industry.
An early stage ExO or set of ExOs that will eventually disrupt and lead an industry. ExO Edge Initiatives will include
- A high-level and detailed description of the new ExO
- A set of experiments and lessons learned
- A development roadmap
- A prototype
- Potential first clients (early adopters)
The Core Stream allows you to adapt your existing organization to external industry disruption by embracing the adoption of new technologies and organizational techniques—all while maintaining your current business model.
In addition to facilitating a comprehensive understanding of the existing organization and industry, the Core Stream also explores disruption coming from outside the industry. Your current organization has a working business model and existing legacy that you can’t change from one day to the next, so even as you adapt it to external disruption—which can be viewed as either a threat or a great opportunity—you will preserve the basic foundation.
- Make the organization more adaptable, flexible and agile in the face of external disruption.
- Improve the organization’s value proposition.
- Increase efficiency.
- Increase sales.
- Diversify revenue streams.
- Increase impact related to the MTP.
- Learn about and evaluate all external elements technologies and business models, for example that might disrupt your industry.
- Create strategies to survive and thrive amidst accelerating disruption.
- Deal with the corporate immune system in advance to avoid having it throw up barriers to new strategies and projects.
- Embrace failure as part of the process. Keep experimenting and iterating ideas until you find the perfect fit with the market.
- The Core Stream applied to the entire organization or to a specific business unit (or units).
- A team of people able, willing and eager to spend the next 10 weeks creating new initiatives in order to build the future of an industry.
- An organization that is more flexible, agile and adaptable to external industry disruption.
- Generate exponential profits.
- Change the world for the better.